If your blood work says you’re healthy, why aren’t you feeling healthy?
Why everyone needs a micronutrient test
We’ve all been to our doctor for our yearly blood workup. For the most part our MD sends us home with a clean bill of health telling us that “everything came back clear, come back in a year”. But if your blood work says you’re healthy, why aren’t you feeling healthy?
Maybe you’re in constant pain, exhausted, feeling depressed, experiencing large amounts of stress, not sleeping well, having trouble losing weight? Each of these “problems” can arise without presenting “answers” in conventional blood analysis.
This is why we run a specialized test called a Micronutrient Analysis or Comprehensive Nutritional Panel. This test identifies deficiencies that cannot be identified using conventional lab panels and these results help identify the root causes of why you’re feeling unwell.
Why should you take this test?
1. Baseline measure
- Wouldn’t you like to know if your body has the appropriate amount of nutrients in order to function optimally, treat your health issues, and/or prevent development of disease?
2. Customized supplementation strategy
- Take out the guesswork! Do you want to know which key nutrients you should be supplementing with?
- Or if you’ve already been supplementing, wouldn’t you like to know if you’re absorbing the supplements you’ve been ingesting?
- Or if you’ve been taking medications, it’s critical to know what nutrients have been compromised. Most medications deplete specific nutrients. For example, Statin (cholesterol lowering) medications deplete Coenzyme Q10, Proton Pump Inhibitors (heartburn medications) deplete Vitamin B12 and iron, oral contraceptives deplete all B vitamins, Magnesium, and many more.
3. To identify the cause of an underlying health issue
- Certain high risk groups are more susceptible to vitamin, mineral and antioxidant deficiencies that can affect treatment outcomes and overall health
- Gain insight into generalized complaints with no apparent disease source
At KX Yorkville, our Naturopathic Doctor conducts Micronutrient Testing to determine over 30 nutrients and functions. Book a consultation today and learn how nutrient repletion will help you reach your optimal body composition and health. Stop wasting money on guessing which supplements you are deficient in and get tested.