By supplementing with nutrients and exercise, you can permanently lose excess body fat and improve body composition. By following these steps, you will be able to control your blood sugar level, experience more energy and fewer cravings. How many of these things are you currently doing?
- Maintain blood sugar levels. Eat high quality foods every 2-3 hours to manage blood sugar. Replace carbohydrates with smart fats to avoid energy crashes. Opt for grass fed, hormone and antibiotic free meats such as bison, elk, venison or beef as it provides 2 to 4 times more omega-3’s and 3 to 5 times more CLA (the good fat).
- Avoid nutrient deficiencies. Nutritional deficiencies can cause a wide range of ailments such as chronic inflammation, muscle pain and can inhibit fat loss. Supplement with vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, omega-3’s, essential mineral and elements. Read more about our top 5 supplements for fat loss here. To understand how much of each nutrient to take for your body, book a Consultation here.
- When you’re thirsty, it’s too late! A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in pounds in ounces daily. Ensure the source of your water is from a filtered source which removes all fluoride, toxic metals and prescription drugs. Add a pinch of unrefined sea salt to add minerals to your water.
- Resistance training. Weight training will help you increase lean mass, become stronger and lose unwanted body fat. Research shows that anaerobic resistance training is far more effective for fat loss than steady state aerobic training. Find an exercise coach to prepare a 3 day program customized to your body for fat loss here.
- Rest and repair. Go to sleep by 10:30pm to repair your body psychologically and physically. Disrupting your sleep-wake cycle stresses your body and increases your chances of hormonal imbalances, leading to increase in body fat. Have trouble sleeping? Find out which nutrients you are deficient to get you back on the clock.
It is important to implement diet, training and supplements in order to reach optimal health. It’s very difficult to out-train a poor diet, and it’s impossible to out-supplement a poor diet. It is crucial to have a training and nutrition program customized to your goals and needs. Unsure of where to start? Book a consultation with our Exercise Coaches to set you up for success.