Who are we?
KX Coffee & Wine Bar is looking for experienced, hard working people with a good attitude and passion for coffee to join our barista team! We are looking for self-starters- those who feel confident leading a team and serving as a resource for their peers. The ideal candidate should be comfortable dialling in espresso on a semi-automatic or manual machine, steaming/frothing milk, and maintaining a quality product while also providing high-caliber service. Other pertinent qualities include:
- Excellent time-management skills,
- Attention to detail
- The ability to stay cool under pressure,
- Strong communication skills.
When considering why to work for us, several reasons stand out. Our focus on growth is evident through our learning & development programs, nurturing service expertise. Exceptional work experiences are ensured as our team works with industry-leading equipment. Staff benefits encompass discounts on food, drinks, and retail items, extending to our engaging lifestyle offerings like KX Yorkville. We’re dedicated to nurturing careers, offering pathways for professional development and growth. Joining us means embracing a supportive community that values your journey and provides the tools to succeed.
Ideal candidates are those who want to cultivate their careers in coffee and service and who also understand the importance of quality, innovation and customer service. You must have a passion for and interest in all things coffee and hospitality, but be humble and adaptable to a constantly changing industry.
- Prepare and serve beverages that meet high quality standards, quickly and efficiently
- Serve food and beverages and tell the story that is KX
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
- Follow company processes and communicate effectively for a well-functioning and well-informed coffee bar
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Cultivate relationships with regulars and building relationships new customers
- 1+ years experience as a Barista
- 1+years experience as a Server
- Previous experience working with wine is a major asset
- Coffee and milk knowledge is a major asset
- Food handlers Certificate & Smart Serve required
Perks and Benefits
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- Store discount
- Wellness program
How to Apply
If you are a motivated and experienced Barista/Server with a passion for guiding individuals toward better health and lifestyle through coffee, wine, and food, we want to hear from you. Please submit your updated resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in joining KX Coffee & Wine Bar. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.